Great Adventures Cairns
You will cruise in comfort onboard a fast and modern catamaran. Arrive at a magnificent outer reef location and enjoy the marine biodiversity and pristine reef site.
Something For Everyone on Great Adventures Cairns
Take our semi-submersible coral viewing tour. With informative commentary, it departs every 30 minutes or as advised. Snorkel directly from the platform. View the spectacular coral gardens. Home to an array of marine life. Turtles and colourful tropical fish are in abundance! The underwater observatory is open throughout the day for coral and fish viewing.
Want to visit more than one outer reef location in a day? Click HERE!
- Underwater Observatory
- Scenic helicopter flights
- Scuba doo
Cairns Great Barrier Reef tour itinerary
- 9.30 am First check-in at Great Adventures Reservations Counter inside the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal.
- 10:10 am Next, board the vessel.
- Complimentary morning tea/coffee served.
- 10:30 am Journey to the Outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon.
- 11:20 am During the day, watch the Reef Presentation shown on the vessel’s monitors.
- Snorkelling demonstration by the crew.
- 12:30 pm Arrive at the Outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon.
- 1:00-2:30 pm Time for hot and cold buffet lunch.
- Enjoy more reef activities or relax on the sundeck and take in the views!
- Tea and coffee are available while at the platform.
- 3:45 pm Departure to Cairns via Green Island.
- Complimentary cheese and biscuits served on the homeward journey.
- 5:30 pm Arrive at Marlin Marina, Cairns.
Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
Tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
Cake selection served for morning tea
Three (3) hours at Outer Reef Activity Platform
Use of buoyancy vests & lycra/stinger suits
Reef education presentation
Hot and cold buffet lunch with fresh prawns
Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour
Guided Eco Reef Talk in the underwater observatory
Afternoon tea and coffee available whilst at the platform
Cheese and crackers served on the return journey.
What to Bring:
– Hat and shirt for sun protection. We recommend marine-friendly sunscreen.
– Swimwear and towel.
– Professional photo service on board (additional cost).
– Cash or credit card for option activities or onboard purchases.
What to bring
- Swimming costume, beach towel and also sunglasses.
- Hat, sunscreen and comfortable shoes.
- Money for drinks and souvenirs as well as optional activities.
- A smile and a sense of adventure!
How to get there
Great Barrier Reef Pontoon Cairns check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, Cairns from 09:45 am.
Where Can I Park?
There are several parking stations throughout Cairns in walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where
Important Scuba Diving Information for Cairns Great Barrier Reef tour
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Queensland, Australia, has some of the world’s strictest scuba diving rules and the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations, including medical as is the law.
Would you like to try scuba diving?
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel, we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking, as some medical conditions, age, and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please get in touch with our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected],
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after diving. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning, you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible