Port Douglas Sailing Island tour
Port Douglas Sailing is a full-day sailing and snorkelling tour. Enjoy a day on the Great Barrier Reef.
Relax on the white sandy beach of the island. Snorkel over the magnificent coral gardens in the blue lagoon on a guided snorkel tour with a marine biologist.
Enjoy a trip on the glass bottom boat with reef interpretation by our skipper. Explore the nature and history of Low Isles on an Island Heritage Walk with our expert guides.
You will enjoy delicious morning and afternoon teas and a buffet lunch. This sailing tour is perfect for the discerning traveller looking for a unique reef and island experience. With a small group of likeminded people, it’s ideal for couples and families.
Marvel at Spectacular Marine Life
The reef around Low Isles is comprised of 150 species of hard corals and dominated by 15 species of soft corals. In the blue lagoon, amongst the coral, is a large variety of reef fish. Including angelfish, damselfish, anemones, giant trevally, sweetlips, fusiliers and many green turtles sighted daily.
This beautiful island has a long history with the lighthouse built in 1878 and staffed by lighthouse keepers until it became automated in 1993. Weather data recordings have dates back to 1887. Scientific associations date back to 1928 when it was the base for a yearlong scientific survey studying the structure and ecology of the reef.
For more information on Port Douglas Click HERE
|1.30 pm – 2.30 pm||
- Courtesy coach transfers in Port Douglas area
- Morning tea upon boarding and afternoon tea and coffee with muffins and pastries
- Superb tropical buffet lunch (including prawns)
- Snorkelling equipment
- Snorkelling instruction and in-water assistance
- Guided snorkel tour
- Glass bottom boat viewing and reef interpretation
- Low Isles Heritage Walk
- Five hours at Tropical Low Isles
- The experience of sailing on board a luxury sailing catamaran
- Eco Shamba Environmental Initiative $20 to local re-forestation
This adventure tour is suitable for travellers with good mobility. To participate in snorkelling, you must be confident in the water with good swimming ability, as snorkelling can be a strenuous activity.
What to bring
- Beach towel
- A friendly smile and your consideration for this precious Marine National Park and World Heritage site
- Booking voucher (if you booked via a tour desk or travel agent)
- At check-in for the Environment Management Charge -see your confirmation document for details
- For onboard purchases of alcoholic beverages, soft drinks/juices
- For underwater camera hire – ensure you select this as an add-on to your booking if you would like to use it