Port Douglas Sailing is a full-day sailing and snorkelling tour to be enjoyed on the Great Barrier Reef.
Relax on the white sandy beach of the island, snorkel over the magnificent coral gardens in the blue lagoon on a guided snorkel tour with a marine biologist.
Enjoy a trip on the glass bottom boat with reef interpretation by our skipper, and explore the nature and history of Low Isles on an Island Heritage Walk with our expert guides.
Enjoy delicious morning and afternoon teas and a buffet lunch. This sailing tour is perfect for the discerning traveller looking for a unique reef and island experience with a small group of likeminded people — ideal for couples and families.
The reef around Low Isles is comprised of 150 species of hard corals and dominated by 15 species of soft corals. In the blue lagoon, amongst the coral, is a large variety of reef fish including angelfish, damselfish, anemones, giant trevally, sweetlips, fusiliers and many green turtles are sighted daily.
This beautiful island has a long history with the lighthouse built in 1878 and staffed by lighthouse keepers until it became automated in 1993. Weather data recordings have date back to 1887. Scientific associations date back to 1928 when it was the base for a yearlong scientific survey studying the structure and ecology of the reef.
Complimentary tea and coffee on arrival vessel. Safety briefing
Set sail. Depart Port Douglas
Sailing to Low Isles
Arrive at Low Isles
Snorkel safety briefing
Glass Bottom Tour transfer to the beach
Swim and Snorkel
Guided Snorkel Tour by Marine Biologist
Heritage Walk on the Island
Relax under a coconut palm tree on the beach
Transfer back to Sailaway VI
Gourmet Buffet lunch served
1.30pm – 2.30pm
Relax on board Sailaway VI, soak up the sun
Snorkel off the back of the boat
Join Skipper for Guided Glass Bottom Boat Tour
Afternoon tea and coffee with homemade cakes
Set sail. Depart Low Isles
Sailing back to Port
Arrive back in Port Douglas
Courtesy coach transfers in Port Douglas area
Morning tea upon boarding and afternoon tea and coffee with muffins and pastries
Superb tropical buffet lunch (including prawns)
Snorkelling instruction and in-water assistance
Guided snorkel tour
Glass bottom boat viewing and reef interpretation
Low Isles Heritage Walk
Five hours at Tropical Low Isles
The experience of sailing on board a luxury sailing catamaran
Eco Shamba Environmental Initiative $20 to local re-forestation
This adventure tour is suitable for travellers with good mobility. To participate in snorkelling, you must be confident in the water with good swimming ability, as snorkelling can be a strenuous activity.
What to bring
A friendly smile and your consideration for this precious Marine National Park and World Heritage site
Booking voucher (if you booked via a tour desk or travel agent)
At check-in for the Environment Management Charge -see your confirmation document for details
For onboard purchases of alcoholic beverages, soft drinks/juices
For underwater camera hire – ensure you select this as an add-on to your booking if you would like to use it
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
A minimum of 48 hours' notice is required to re-schedule or alter all or part of a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Children’s prices are from 4 – 12 years of age
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
• Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team